The main motto of the bank is to provide reliable and quality banking services to the public through healthy competition in the banking industry, as mentioned in the preamble of the Bank & Financial Act, 2063. The bank has the objectives to carry out banking business as permitted under the Act and guidelines of Nepal Rastra Bank. The major objectives of the bank are outlined as follows:
- Provide banking service at the doorsteps of customers.
- Provide non-funded and foreign currency transaction services, perform merchant banking, and other advisory services.
- Provide services to Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) projects.
- Provide various schemes and incentives to small savers to mobilize domestic saving.
- Provide investment opportunities to small savers in various projects and mobilize their savings into investment.
- Develop viable projects in agriculture, trade, industries, tourism, hydropower, and other services to boost up the production, income and employment opportunities.
- Provide fund management services to the customers.
- Provide banking services and facilities to attract foreign direct investment in the country.
- Expand banking services in the international market through branch expansion and creation of agencies.
- Support for the proper use of the internal and external resources and technology that contributes towards the greater and faster economic development of the country.
- Provide competitive returns to its shareholders by delivering modern banking and financial services.
To extend support towards strengthening the financial system and then the economy of the country and also grow as an International Financial Institution.
Greater financial outreach for the people, fair play in the financial market, help in financial stability within the country, technology transfer and higher customer satisfaction.
To deliver financial services and maintain social responsibility through effective and efficient use of human and technical resource and generate profit for the shareholders.